Open Letter To CrowdStrike
I've sent emails, tweets and even called and been told I'd get a call back. - It's never happened and some pressing questions I have regarding CrowdStrike's investigation on the DNC network remained unanswered. - I feel the questions are important to have answered and so have resorted to a public, open-letter as a means of contacting you.
I have reached out to you via your press@ email address and tried calling a few times but my calls were not returned and I have queries regarding the malware found on the DNC Network in 2016 (and other work with the DNC around that time) that remain unanswered that I would like to try to get answers on:
- Please could you confirm if/when there were any incidents of email data being transmitted to unauthorized parties that were recorded in your investigations?
- When was the SeaDaddy malware code, that was found on the DNC's hacked server, installed?
- Besides the presence of the malware code, what other indicators of Russian state involvement were observed and recorded specifically in relation to the DNC's mail server?
- Did the DNC request that you find specific activity relating to authorized network users (eg. Looking for information relating to DNC staff activities)?
- On 14th June 2016 it was reported that the Trump Opposition Research file was targeted. - What evidence was this statement based on?
- Was any evidence for the above (Trump Opposition Research being targeted) disclosed to any intelligence agencies (and if it was, please can you state approximately when that was and which agency or agencies were provded with the evidence?)
- If hackers stole two files and were locked out of DNC by the 14th, as seems to have been reported by Shawn Henry - How did Guccifer2.0 manage to acquire more documents without the same detection system triggering?
Please could you provide as much information as you are willing to disclose on any/all of the above?
ac.researching [at] gmail.com